Unable to stream video from Pelco VideoXpert VMS

shuey

The pelco api provides rtsp url in following format:

rtsp://XXX.XX.X.XX:554/live?device_id=4277b64a-9bdd-3de2-8b18-1fab0d19802e&transport_type=UDP_UNICAST&stream_type=video&data_encoding_id=primary&data_source_id=4277b64a-9bdd-3de2-8b18-1fab0d19802e%3A1%3Avideo&username=admin

This is coming from an axis camera registered in the VMS. Flashphoner can successfully stream directly from the camera.
Also can stream from VMS to VLC.

I am sending logs you require to support email.
Using version 5.2.588 of flashphoner.

Thanks,
Scott

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
We received your report and raised the ticket WCS-2672 to investigate it. We'll let you know results here.

shuey

Any update on this? Any Questions? I need to have something working by end of next week or will have to go another route.
Thanks,
Scott

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
We work on it. To speed up, access to the problem stream would be helpful.

shuey

It's on a private server but I'll see if I can get a public IP for it. Could also possibly provide access via a screen share as well if that would be sufficient.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
To proceed we need:

1) Public RTSP url.
or
2) SSH sudo access to the server.

If it is private server we would need 24/7 Teamviewer access to a desktop PC in your network where we can work with SSH, RTSP, VLC.

Please send details to support@flashphoner.com

shuey

The fix does appear to work, thank you.

We actually have another integration with MaxPro VMS and are experiencing similar issues. Have attempted with build here with no success. Working in VLC. I can't get you direct access to the stream but I might be able to get SSH sudo access. That would be to Flashphoner server that has access to the stream, correct?

shuey

Actually I found a way to get you direct access to the stream, can you provide the IP you will be connecting from so we can create appropriate firewall rules for you to access? Thx

Max

Administrator
Staff member
We would prefer a permanent direct access to the stream. If it is not possible, please provide a permanent sudo ssh access. We will act through it.
SSH white-listed address was sent in the previous post.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
We successfully accessed the camera and confirm the issue. We raised the ticket WCS-2713 to fix it.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Got it to play, though the fix is not complete, development is in progress.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
WCS-2713 RTSP stream playback issue has been fixed in v. 5.2.636.
To play the stream, this setting should be added to WCS_HOME/conf/flashphoner.properties
Code:
h264_check_and_skip_annexb=true

shuey

Thank you, I confirmed works in our local setup, really appreciate your quick turnaround and responsiveness. Deployed to customer and unfortunately not working there although I suspect a different (likely network) issue. I sent an email including your requirements for error reporting.
Regards,
Scott