Webcallserver in docker - Failed to connect to rtsp stream

DeanSLR

Hello,

I'm running a WCS instance via docker on MAC and followed this guide: https://flashphoner.com/load-webrtc-with-containers-or-how-i-ran-wcs-in-docker/
Now, I'm able to ping the container, and login to the web instance on 172.17.0.2:8444 after configuring all the docker network stuff.
In the web, I am able to create a new session with wss://172.17.0.3:8443 successfully.
But when I try to access my RTSP stream I get the error: Failed to connect to rtsp stream.
I am able to access the RTSP stream successfully via VLC on my PC.
Please help,
Thanks a lot :)

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
Please check if RTSP source is available from inside the container (ping the source IP, try to connect to the source using static ffmpeg build).

DeanSLR

Good day.
Please check if RTSP source is available from inside the container (ping the source IP, try to connect to the source using static ffmpeg build).
Thanks, I am able to ping the IP cameras from within the Flashphoner container.

Last edited:

Max

Administrator
Staff member
From the log, RTSP pulling fails cause port allocation fails (Failed to allocate port, No free ports available in the log), i.e. the ports are not accessible. Please check network configuration. Here is an article about docker container setup.

Also, there is NoHttpResponseException issue, which has been fixed in the latest build.

DeanSLR

From the log, RTSP pulling fails cause port allocation fails (Failed to allocate port, No free ports available in the log), i.e. the ports are not accessible. Please check network configuration. Here is an article about docker container setup.

Also, there is NoHttpResponseException issue, which has been fixed in the latest build.
Thanks, after looking further into the network config, I needed to share all these ports: -p8444:8444 -p8443:8443 -p1935:1935 -p30000-33000:30000-33000 now it works.
thanks

DeanSLR

Hi, @Max

After getting this to work. It did for a few days then after updating the WCS to latest docker image I'm starting to get again the error: Cannot connect to RTSP Stream.

Here is the new log file.
You can see I try to connect to 172.18.255.60 - 63. which are cameras connected directly to my PC running the WCS.
Whats the issue?
thanks

Attachments

DeanSLR

I actually suddenly cannot ping the RTSP ip from within the container. what could cause this issue?

Max

Administrator
Staff member
I actually suddenly cannot ping the RTSP ip from within the container. what could cause this issue?
If you can connect to the address from host, but cannot connect to it from the container, this is definitely Docker networking (routing) issue.
Usually, Docker on Mac is not a good solution because it uses a virtual machine under the hoods. So, a complete Linux virtual machine or a separate Linux server may be preferrable.