Imposible to install Flashphoner in Ubuntu server 16.04 LTS

Javier

Hi,

is possible to get into a more detailed guide about how to install manually Flashphoner on Ubuntu, I only found docs to install it on CentOS. I tried by Docker and directly into the server. For now will be better to install directly on the server. I followed this:

1. Unpack archive: tar -xvzf download-wcs5.2-server.tar.gz
2. Run the installation: ./install.sh
3. Run the WCS server: service webcallserver start
4. Make sure the server is up and running: tail -f /usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer/logs/flashphoner_manager.log
5. Open web admin in your browser: . (unable to get here)
6. Activate your license and set admin password. (unable to get here)

Pd. I own a paid license for more than one year that I was using in old server, but now won't work in new one. I apprecite any help or support.

This is what I see when start as "standlone"

1589929746681.png

here is what I have in flashphoner.properties for "ip":

1589929859798.png

here is the server network details:

1589929910847.png

Java version in server

1589930054139.png

Thanks.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
First, please make sure that glibc is 2.14 or higher on your system as described in requirements.
Then, check point "WCS server does not start" on this page.
Also, we recommend to use Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. If you prefer to use Docker, there is the official Docker image (based on Ubuntu 18.04 and OpenJDK 12).

Javier

Hi Max, I was able to get runing version Flashphoner-WebCallServer-5.0.2762 (same version we have working onto old server) but now I am getting an error that said "can't check if license is activated" it's very hard to get WCS running... BTW I ran activation.sh and entered license many times by running /usr/local/Flashphoner/bin/activation.sh...

1590003090641.png

Javier

BTW I also changed the rmi host value in conf/wcs-core.properties. Even when I changed the value for rmi.server.hostname in wcs-core-properties it still taking localhost as rmi host.

1590006066119.png

ping

1590006039466.png

thanks

Last edited:

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Max, I was able to get runing version Flashphoner-WebCallServer-5.0.2762
Please note that 5.0 is obsolete now, and we do not support it any more.
The rmi.RemoteException issue while license checking relates to JDK 8 build. You should either downgrade JDK 8 to build below 241 or upgrade JDK to 12 and WCS to 5.2 respectively (we have not tested 5.0 on JDK later than 8 and have no plans to do it).
We recommend you to use Ubuntu 18.04 LTS with WCS 5.2, or official Docker image as we wrote in post above.