From web browser to Amazon ivs server

Reebo

Can I capture video from web browser, passing through webrtc server and then streaming to rtmp Amazon ivs? (rtmp server url and stream key)

thanks in advanced

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
Can I capture video from web browser, passing through webrtc server and then streaming to rtmp Amazon ivs? (rtmp server url and stream key)
Yes, you can publish WebRTC stream and then republish it to third party RTMP endpoint like rtmp://rtmp_server:1935/live/stream_key including Amazon IVS. Please read details here about common RTMP republishing case and here about republishing to AWS MediaLive. Please note that this case requires the following WCS settings in flashphoner.properties file
Code:
rtmp_transponder_full_url=true
rtmp_transponder_stream_name_prefix=
rtmp_flash_ver_subscriber=LNX 76.219.189.0
rtmp_transponder_send_metadata=true

Reebo

Good day.

Yes, you can publish WebRTC stream and then republish it to third party RTMP endpoint like rtmp://rtmp_server:1935/live/stream_key including Amazon IVS. Please read details here about common RTMP republishing case and here about republishing to AWS MediaLive. Please note that this case requires the following WCS settings in flashphoner.properties file
Code:
Thanks for the answer but it doesn’t works :(

Settings for flashphoner.properties are only for medialive or also for IVS?

Thanks

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Settings for flashphoner.properties are only for medialive or also for IVS?
This is a common settings for Youtube, Facebook, Azure, AWS MediaLive and probably other RTMP endpoints.
Please describe what exactly does not work for you. Please also provide RTMP endpoint URL using this private form (place RTMP URL to "RTSP" field) and playback endpoint if possible, we will check.

Reebo

I made this steps:

1) changed flashphoner.properties adding new lines.

2) created a stream with name pippo

3) called rest "push/startup" with this body:
{
"streamName": "pippo",
"rtmpUrl": "rtmps://xxxxxxxglobal-contribute.live-video.net:443/app/xxxxx streamkey xxx"
}

And IVS doesn't receive straming.

what am I doing wrong?

ps. I can't send you a stramkey, sorry.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
We've tested the stream with our IVS channel. It seems to be working:
1612160698771.png

The stream test was republisehd with the following REST API query:
1612160709901.png

However, there can be channel issues, once during teh test RTSP ingest server closed the channel at its side:
Code:
13:14:15,127 ERROR        ClientHandler - pool-50-thread-2 RTMP error [id: 0x3e3ee726, /*************:33003 => *************.global-contribute.live-video.net/**************:443]
java.io.IOException: Connection reset by peer
Also, stream status can be shown as offline although the stream is available for playback by Playback URL and can be played in third party players (VLC for example, see screenshot above). It seems to be IVS admin interface issue.

Reebo

Please check if you're using the latest WCS build from this page (5.2.882 for now) and update if not.
Then, try to use RTMP (not RTMPS) entry point. Does it work?

We will test it on our IVS channel, but it takes a time.
Yes!! Now it works, I had a previous WCS release on Amazon EC2 pre built.

But It seems poor video quality on IVS... tomorrow I Will test again.

Thanks.