Problem in iOS Browsers

Jang

Hello
We are using web sdk embedded player for show live video to browser from rtsp(IP camera) url
We are using MediaProvider:MSE, and it works for all PC browsers.
But problem is when we open it in iOS browsers(Safari , chrome), it shows "None of preferred Media Providers available"

So I changed MediaProvider to WebRTC, but it's loading speed is too long and sometimes it failed to play.

Any ideas for fix this issue?

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
But problem is when we open it in iOS browsers(Safari , chrome), it shows "None of preferred Media Providers available"
MSE is not supported on iOS in any browser. Also, WebRTC is supported only in Safari browser, but not in any third party browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Yandex etc).
So I changed MediaProvider to WebRTC, but it's loading speed is too long and sometimes it failed to play.
Please add the fiollowing parameter to flashphoner.properties file
Code:
periodic_fir_request=true
This makes WCS to request keyframes from RTSP camera regularly. You can also check RTSP camera properties and set keyframe interval if available.
Please also try to reduce RTSP stream resolution/bitrate. If this is not possible, please try to switch WebRTC transport to TCP
Code:
session.createStream({
    name: streamName,
    display: remoteVideo,
    transport: "TCP"
}).on(STREAM_STATUS.PENDING, function (stream) {
}).play();

Jang

Please add the fiollowing parameter to flashphoner.properties file
May I know where can I find flashphoner.properties file?

MSE is not supported on iOS in any browser. Also, WebRTC is supported only in Safari browser, but not in any third party browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Yandex etc).
But sometimes, WebRTC is works in google chrome, but sometimes it not work and shows "None of preferred Media Providers available" error.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
But sometimes, WebRTC is works in google chrome, but sometimes it not work and shows "None of preferred Media Providers available" error.
WebRTC cannot work in Google Chrome on iOS devices. The only playback technologies available are HLS or WSPlayer. The WSPlayer is obsolete and is not supported now, it also requires transcoding to MPV. So you should either use iOS Safari or use HLS to play a stream in Chrome on iOS.