2players example issue (streams mixing)

Srdjan

Hi,

I came across a strange issue on your 2players example (tried yours and mine WCS, same result). On some mobile devices (e.g. Honor 10, Redmi Note 8T - all updated to latest Android 10 (Q), and on latest chrome version - that said Samsung Galaxy S9 Android Q, latest chrome does not have the issue), the first player is playing both streams (constantly switching from the first stream, to the second one in a matter of few hundreds milliseconds), while the second player is playing the right stream all the time. Also it is not happening with all the streams. The streams that were creating the issue were RTSP, the first one being public, and the second one with auth credentials (if you want, I can send you the links to streams through email).

Until recently the issue didn't exist.

Best regards

Max

Administrator
Staff member
We cannot reproduce the issue in latest Chromе from Google Play on Android 9 (Nokia 5) and 10 (Pixel 2 emulator) devices. Please clarify the following:
1. Do you open 2Players page using HTTPS? If unsecure HTTP is used, stream can be played via MSE or WSPlayer only, this technologies do not allow to play 2 streams in one session, so the example does not work in this case.
2. Is the issue reproduced with two test streams published with TwoWayStreaming example (test1 and test2 e.g.)?
Both RTSP streams are playing in separate players, so there is no issue with RTSP sources.

Srdjan

Android 9 works properly on my end as well, the issue is only with some Android 10 devices.

1. Using HTTPS
2. I'll try later.

I can send you a screen recording later today if that helps.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
We reproduced the issue on Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T, Android 10. The problem can be reproduced for any two WebRTC streams (published from Two Way Streaming for example), not only for RSTP. We raised the ticket WCS-3020 and let you know about results in this topic.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello!

As a result of our tests, we concluded that the playback problem is related to the operation of the Chrome browser on devices with Android 10 and MIUI 12.

Most likely the bug will be fixed in the next browser or OS updates.

You can use a mixer to solve the current moment.

Combine streams from cameras into one stream and play the output stream on the site.

For example, using REST requests:

1. Assign names to RTSP streams:
/rtsp/startup
Code:
{
"uri":"rtsp://myserver.com/live/myStream1",
"localStreamName":"myRTSPstream1"
}
And for the second stream:
/rtsp/startup
Code:
{
"uri":"rtsp://myserver.com/live/myStream2",
"localStreamName":"myRTSPstream2"
}
2. Сreate a mixer:
/mixer/startup
Code:
{
"uri":"mixer://mixer1",
"localStreamName":"mixedstream"
}
3. Add the stream "myRTSPstream1" in the mixer

/mixer/add
Code:
{
"remoteStreamName":"myRTSPstream1",
}
We repeat to add a second stream ("myRTSPstream2")

/mixer/add
Code:
{
"remoteStreamName":"myRTSPstream2",
}
4. On the site, play the output stream named "mixedstream".

More:
https://docs.flashphoner.com/displa...a+via+RTSP#FromanIPcameraviaRTSP-REST-queries