Cannot connet to my stream

dsyu

Hi,
I have Web Call Server 5 on AWS.
I have another Linux (Ubuntu) Server (with public IP address) which is streaming a video file over RTSP using the command below:
Bash:
cvlc --random --loop /home/ubuntu/Videos/test.mp4 :sout='#transcode{vcodec=h264,vb=2000,acodec=mpga,ab=128,channels=2,samplerate=44100}:gather:rtp{sdp=rtsp://:8554/11}' :network-caching=1500 :sout-all :sout-keep
I'm able to connect to my stream from a remote PC using VLC application, but I cannot connect using Flashphoner.

Stream Information from VLC
stream_1.png

What I'm doing wrong ?

Thanks.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello

mpga is not supported audio codec

Try mpeg AAC Audio (mp4a) as known as mpeg4-generic

This is working VLC sample

1609331030646.png

dsyu

Hi,
First of all, thank you for your reply.

I'm still having issue to connect to my stream.

I changed the command and now this is my stream information
stream_2.png

The command i executed was:
Bash:
cvlc --random --loop /home/ubuntu/Videos/test.mp4  :sout='#transcode{vcodec=h264,vb=2000,acodec=mp4a,ab=128,channels=2,samplerate=44100}:gather:rtp{sdp=rtsp://:8554/11}' :network-caching=1500 :sout-all :sout-keep
Is there any thing I can do in order to make it work ?
Do you able to connect to a RTSP stream which using cvlc command ? (if yes, maybe you can share the command and I'll try it myself ?)

Thanks.

dsyu

I added the line you suggested (and restarted the webcallserver service), but it didn't work.

I also checked ffmpeg but it doesn't seems to fit my needs.

Is there any thing else I can try ? I also tried to use the player on your website, but it didn't connect to my stream.

Thanks.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
but it didn't work
Same issue - cannot connect - or a different behavior?
Please verify that the address is reachable from the server with WCS
Code:
telnet <IP> <port>
checked ffmpeg but it doesn't seems to fit my needs
Could you please clarify what are the requirements?

dsyu

Same issue - cannot connect - or a different behavior?
Same issue, now it looks like it's trying to load the stream for longer time but at the end it fails.

This is the first thing I did, the server (stream) is reachable to the world.

I want to serve a stream of video from a local file,
I need it to be reachable by several applications,
I need it to be infinity (loop for ever),
I need it to have the current date and time as watermark.

When I used the ffmpeg I managed to connect to the stream but I saw only one frame and it got stuck (looks like it got stuck),
I connected to the same stream using VLC and it worked fine.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
I want to serve a stream of video from a local file,
I need it to be reachable by several applications,
I need it to be infinity (loop for ever),
I need it to have the current date and time as watermark.
You can set up all of these using ffmpeg RTMP publishing
When I used the ffmpeg I managed to connect to the stream but I saw only one frame and it got stuck (looks like it got stuck),
I connected to the same stream using VLC and it worked fine.
Please show ffmpeg command you use to publish a stream to WCS
For example, the following command
Code:
ffmpeg -stream_loop -1 -re -i BigBuckBunny.mp4 -preset ultrafast -acodec aac -ar 48000 -vcodec h264 -strict -2 -g 48 -f flv  "rtmp://demo.flashphoner.com:1935/live/stream1
works for us. Please check if you set GOP size as multiple of file frame rate while publishing RTMP. In the example above, video frame rate is 24 fps, and GOP size is set to 48.

dsyu

works for us. Please check if you set GOP size as multiple of file frame rate while publishing RTMP. In the example above, video frame rate is 24 fps, and GOP size is set to 48.
This is the command i'm using now:
ffmpeg -stream_loop -1 -re -i big_buck_bunny_480p_5mb.mp4 -preset ultrafast -acodec aac -ar 48000 -vcodec h264 -strict -2 -g 48 -f flv "rtmp://demo.flashphoner.com:1935/live/stream1"

I used your command, the issue is that after few seconds the player stop (not the streaming itself) and it says: FAILED
failed_1.png

I published the stream to "rtmp://demo.flashphoner.com:1935/live/stream1" and used the player on your website (https://demo.flashphoner.com/admin/demo.html) to check if it something related to my server, but it's the same issue.

On VLC the it works just fine without failing.

What i'm doing wrong ?

Max

Administrator
Staff member
What i'm doing wrong ?
If you're publishing RTMP stream to WCS and playing it via WebRTC, you should play it by its name, not by full URL. If stream is published by URL rtmp://demo.flashphoner.com:1935/live/stream1, it must be played as stream1
1. Publish (file name only differs)
1609839094751.png

2. Play
1609839061208.png

dsyu

Thanks, that works.

But I might didn't explain myself correctly.
I using the embedded player on my own website, I want to be able to connect to a different RTSP/RTMP streams, using the full link (e.g. rtmp://demo.flashphoner.com:1935/live/stream1)

BTW i'm able to connect to different streams using the WCS embedded player, i'm just having issues with the stream i'm publishing using the FFMPEG.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
i'm able to connect to different streams using the WCS embedded player
Yes, RTMP streams from other servers can be pulled to WCS (and in that case RTMP urls can be used in the embedded player).

want to be able to connect to a different RTSP/RTMP streams, using the full link (e.g. rtmp://demo.flashphoner.com:1935/live/stream1)
In this case, if the stream is published to demo.flashphoner.com, then it should be available for playback by its RTMP url in VLC and in the embedded player on your server.
A stream published to your server should be available for playback by its RTMP url in VLC and by its name (stream key, not full url) in the embedded player on your server.

i'm just having issues with the stream i'm publishing using the FFMPEG
Please clarify if a stream published using FFmpeg can be played by its RTMP url in VLC.