cpu load is high

Rajesh

I am using screen sharing feature of flashphoner and after 20 sharing screen it has increased my server load. There is no other application running on this server only flashphone is installed. kindly provide the solution. Server is 4 core and 16gb ram 8gb is allocated as you advised but load is high.Kindly provide solution. Sending you screen shot...

Attachments

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
Seems like stream transcoding is running on server. Please check the statistics page http://wcs:8081/?action=stat, sections Native Resources and Transcoding stats. See this post for the example of transcoding statistics.
To escape transcoding, please do the following:
1. Publish and play a stream using the same codec (for example, you should publish H264+opus and play H264+opus). If you're publishing H264 and someone plays VP8, there will be transcoding.
2. Publish and play a stream using the same resolution and bitrate, a viewer should not explicitly set width, height and bitrate values in stream constraints.
3. If you're publishing WebRTC then republishing it as RTMP, please update to latest build and make sure that you do not explicitly set width and height parameters for REST API query /push/startup. Also please make sure that you're publishing H264 in this case.
4. If you're publishing WebRTC don't play the stream as WSPlayer.
5. If you're publishing WebRTC and playing it as RTMP or RTSP from server, please make sure that you're publishing H264.
If you cannot escape transcoding, please consider to upgrade you server to more CPU cores:
- 1,2 cores per 1 1080p stream viewer
- 1 core per 2 720p stream viewers or per 3 480p stream viewers or per 5 360p stream viewers

Last edited:

Rajesh

sir i tried but still i am unable to solve the issue. Kindly help what else i can do to solve this issue. sending you screen shot only 3 screen sharing and load is high....

Attachments