iphone video freeze

Dani

Hi,
we're using an almost year old version of the sever/ api.
the reason is that whenever we tried to upgrade - iPhone video is frozen.
No issues on MAC and no issue on android.
I can also confirm that the OTHER side see the "frozen" video as live - the problem looks local to iphone (trying on Iphone XR)

We want to be able to keep up with you - so it's about time to figure out what we do wrong and fix it
Any ideas where to start ? how can we debug this issue ?
I've installed the latest versions on both client and server of server and api.
since we're using a development environment I can do whatever I won't without interfering with production.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
I can also confirm that the OTHER side see the "frozen" video as live - the problem looks local to iphone (trying on Iphone XR)
Please clarify: a local video is frozen while publishing from iOS Safary?
Is the issue reproduced in Two Way Streaming example on our demo server? If not, please modify Two Way Streaming application code minimally to reproduce the issue, and send us using this link.
Also please provide SSH access and web interface access to your development server, we try to reproduce the issue in your environment. Please use this link to send credentials.

Dani

I think the answer is in this log....
how do I fix this ?

Log] connectFphoner() ESTABLISHED (.aspx, line 2330)
[Warning] RTCIceServer.url is deprecated, please use RTCIceServer.urls instead. (flashphoner.min.js, line 12)
[Warning] 09:06:31 WARN playout delay unsupported - – undefined (flashphoner.min.js, line 25)
[Log] 09:06:32 INFO webrtc - – "Autoplay detected! Trying to play a video with a muted sound..." (flashphoner.min.js, line 25)
[Log] showVidW: 480 - showVidH: 270 (.aspx, line 2476)
[Error] Unhandled Promise Rejection: NotAllowedError: The request is not allowed by the user agent or the platform in the current context, possibly because the user denied permission.
(anonymous function)
rejectPromise
play
(anonymous function) (flashphoner.min.js:25:178225)
promiseReactionJob
[Log] 09:06:34 INFO webrtc - – {audio: true, video: {width: {min: 320, max: 640}, height: {min: 240, max: 480}, frameRate: {ideal: 30}}, customStream: undefined} (flashphoner.min.js, line 25)
[Log] 09:06:37 INFO webrtc - – "FOUND WEBRTC CACHED INSTANCE, id 75b7b840-ece2-11ea-9ca1-e91a8149fe87-LOCAL_CACHED_VIDEO" (flashphoner.min.js, line 25)
[Log] startStreaming kind: cam (.aspx, line 2747)
[Log] PUBLISHING startStreaming (.aspx, line 2758)
[Error] Unhandled Promise Rejection: NotAllowedError: The request is not allowed by the user agent or the platform in the current context, possibly because the user denied permission.
(anonymous function)
rejectPromise
play
(anonymous function) (flashphoner.min.js:25:169381)

Attachments

Last edited:

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
Please check if you're using playFirstVideo() function as described here. Please see the source code of Two Way Streaming example, for publishing and for playback:
Code:
function publishBtnClick() {
    if (validateForm("streamerForm")) {
       if (Browser.isSafariWebRTC()) {
            Flashphoner.playFirstVideo(localVideo, true, PRELOADER_URL).then(function() {
                publishStream();
            });
            return;
        }
        publishStream();
    }
}
function playBtnClick() {
    if (validateForm("playerForm")) {
        if (Flashphoner.getMediaProviders()[0] === "WSPlayer") {
            Flashphoner.playFirstSound();
        } else if (Browser.isSafariWebRTC() || Flashphoner.getMediaProviders()[0] === "MSE") {
            Flashphoner.playFirstVideo(remoteVideo, false, PRELOADER_URL).then(function () {
                playStream();
            });
            return;
        }
        playStream();
    }
}