Some of live streaming URL not working in Android System WebView

goldanlove

Hi,
I made Android Application for my product and only display my website in android system webview.
Now In some of the Android Phone my live streaming URL is not working.
Live Streaming URL is working in Desktop Chrome Browser, Mobile Phone chrome Browser but having issue in Android Phone Default Web Browser or System Browser.
Let me define issue with one example.
There are two URL
URL1 : https://livetvline.com:8888/embed_p...ch_4&mediaProviders=WebRTC,Flash,MSE,WSPlayer
URL 2: https://www.sportside9.com:8888/emb...h_1&mediaProviders=WebRTC,Flash,MSE,WSPlayer&

Now First url is from my client and They are also use Flashphoner and live streaming working fine in all devices like desktop, mobile and android system webview.
and URL 2 is my live streaming which is working well but not in android system webview.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
H.264 codec is probably not supported. H264, depending on your phone model is not supported by the built-in Android browser, which is used in the WebView. Also, the codec may not be supported in other mobile browsers, such as the latest versions of Firefox.
There are two options to fix this.

Option 1:
In the flashphoner.properties file, put the VP8 codec closer to the beginning of the codec list in the "codecs" line of the "codecs" section.
In this case, if the stream is published in the H.264 codec, then transcoding will be automatically enabled on the server and the processor load will increase. This will work for all browsers without exception.

or

Option 2:
You can exclude H.264 in your code for client-side publishing or playback.
To do this, add the line
Code:
stripCodecs: "h264, H264"
To function parameters when publishing or playing a stream

For example, my function to play a stream with H.264 removed:
Code:
function playStream (session) {
    var options = {
        name: "stream1",
        display: document.getElementById ("myVideo"),
        stripCodecs: "h264, H264"
    };
    stream = session.createStream (options) .on (STREAM_STATUS.PLAYING, function (stream) {})
    stream.play ();
}
In this option, the server will also turn on transcoding when a stream published as H264 is played as VP8 and vice versa.

goldanlove

Hello,
I having issue of playing RTMP url in my flashphoner server. But It's not working.
I seen that one of our competitor use following url to stream RTMP

This url is working fine but when i try to stream live RTMP url in my server it's not worrking.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
Please provide SSH access to your server using this form, we will check.

Last edited: