Stream is not playing

Max

Administrator
Staff member
We checked your new report. Seems like ICE connection still cannot be established from outside network to your server. Consider to deploy a server instance outside VPN network.

tharun

Hi max,

1. Is import of ssl certificates is necessary in dashboard,is that the reason for blocking our media stream to server ??
2. If ssl certificates are necessary tell us how to get them with necessary steps ??
3.Our instance is launched in aws

Max

Administrator
Staff member
1. Is import of ssl certificates is necessary in dashboard,is that the reason for blocking our media stream to server ??
Yes, it is necessary to import SSL certificates for WebRTC to work in browsers.
No, you can stream to server from desktop browser even with self-signed certificates. We already explained the reason: you should configure VPN correctly to forward UDP medai ports to instance.
2. If ssl certificates are necessary tell us how to get them with necessary steps ??
3.Our instance is launched in aws
You should get SSL certificate for servers domain name using AWS Certificate Manager for example. Then you should import SSL certificates as described here.

tharun

Hi max,

I have attached the complete error report ,license activation,ssl certificate,system ports
We have deployed the server in aws market place.
1.Is it mandatory to install ssl certificate or we need to upload any certificate for playing the streams from our browser.
2.Is license should be activated seperately in flashphoner dashboard(wcs server in aws market place)
3.From our end we are establishing connection successfully but publishing the stream from our laptop is not successful and we are disabling VPN server while streaming and disabled our security groups from our system level.
4.In aws we deployed the server as per documentation of flashphoner and ports are opened ,does we need to open other ports also for streaming?
Like you mentioned we opened the ports (31000-32000)/udp ports on either side but still streaming is not done?
.5.At our dashboard level flashphoner is showing not secure in browser side ,is there any blocking occurs from browser level?
6.If nothing works can we go for coturn server in order to bypass the security group /NAT/firewall is it suggestable ?

Thanks&Regards

Attachments

Max

Administrator
Staff member
1.Is it mandatory to install ssl certificate or we need to upload any certificate for playing the streams from our browser.
Yes? you should import SSL certificates for your server domain
2.Is license should be activated seperately in flashphoner dashboard(wcs server in aws market place)
No, AWS Marketplace AMI already has a license billed hourly by Amazon
3.From our end we are establishing connection successfully but publishing the stream from our laptop is not successful and we are disabling VPN server while streaming and disabled our security groups from our system level.
4.In aws we deployed the server as per documentation of flashphoner and ports are opened ,does we need to open other ports also for streaming?
Like you mentioned we opened the ports (31000-32000)/udp ports on either side but still streaming is not done?
Please deploy a new instance using this step by step manual. It should work out-of the-box. If this new instance does not work, provide SSH access to it using this form.
.5.At our dashboard level flashphoner is showing not secure in browser side ,is there any blocking occurs from browser level?
No, you can publish and play WebRTC streams from desktop browser even with default self signed SSL certificates.
6.If nothing works can we go for coturn server in order to bypass the security group /NAT/firewall is it suggestable ?
Yes, you can configure coturn on the same instance by this step by step manual.

tharun

Hi max,

1.If it is necessary to import ssl certificates where i can find this because we deployed server at aws and how can we get ssl certificate ??
2.As you were saying we have blocking something from our vpn/security groups side or it is due to ssl certificate ??

please mention clearly

Thanks

tharun

Hi max,

1.In the flashphoner dashboard also do we need to upload ssl certificate for getting the streams ?
2.ssl certificate is not mentioned while launching wcs server in aws ,do we need from server level to upload certificate ?

Thanks

Max

Administrator
Staff member
1.If it is necessary to import ssl certificates where i can find this because we deployed server at aws and how can we get ssl certificate ??
You can get SSL certificate from AWS Certificate Manager or from Let'sEncrypt (use Centros docs because Amazon Linux 2 is based on Cemtos 7).
2.As you were saying we have blocking something from our vpn/security groups side or it is due to ssl certificate ??
The issue is in ports blocking, not due to SSL certificate
1.In the flashphoner dashboard also do we need to upload ssl certificate for getting the streams ?
2.ssl certificate is not mentioned while launching wcs server in aws ,do we need from server level to upload certificate ?
You can test with default self-signed certificates (don't forget to accept security exception in browser). Then, you can register domain name, get SSL certificate for this domain and import it using WCS dashboard.

tharun

Hi Max,

1. We have purchased the flashphoner server from aws market place and we are streaming up to 50 ip cmaeras ,So is there any additional charge for that ,pls let me know?
2. How many ip cameras we can stream ?Is there any additional charge for this?

Max

Administrator
Staff member
1. We have purchased the flashphoner server from aws market place and we are streaming up to 50 ip cmaeras ,So is there any additional charge for that ,pls let me know?
No, there is no any additional charge. Only the server instance itself is billed hourly by AWS.
2. How many ip cameras we can stream ?Is there any additional charge for this?
This depends on server capacity. Please read this article How many RTSP cams can I connect to the WebRTC server?

tharun

Hi max ,

How can i play direct http protocol in flashphoner ? Is there any player in flashphoner dashboard?

Thanks,

awv

Provide SSH access to your WCS instance using this form, we will check.
Hello, I provided my SSH credentials for my server using this link; can you check our system? We have similar issue. Firewall ports are open:
8888/tcp 1935/tcp 1935/udp 554/tcp 30000-33000/udp 8443-8445/tcp 8080-8084/tcp 22/tcp 31000-31999/tcp 31000-35000/tcp 31000-35000/udp 30000-35000/udp 30000-35000/tcp 80/tcp
Don't think issue is related to Java, running v. 14 but errors also occur under version 12.
Running latest WCS
5.2.1043-1bff32fd93fb1f2edefb7783c6936f38497461ac
Issue is when we publish a SIP as RTMP there is no audio. This has worked fine for a long time based on custom setup Flashphoner provided.
Thanks!
Art

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Issue is when we publish a SIP as RTMP there is no audio. This has worked fine for a long time based on custom setup Flashphoner provided.
Please create your own topic next time.
We tested SIP as RTMP call on your server via our test PBX (OpenSIPS, Asterisk) from WCS to Bria softphone, with republishing RTMP stream to our demo server. Audio is playing normally from your server in Player example and from demo server in Media Devices example after republishing. Note that your Player example is modified: playback constraints are set to
Code:
constraints: {
    audio: true,
    video: false
}
So please clarify:
1. Is audio hearable from your server in Player example?
2. If yes, how do you play the RTMP stream republished from the server where it is republished (as WebRTC, as RTMP in VLC)?
Please also provide the following:
1. 2 SIP account to establish a call via your PBX
2. RTMP server URL to republish call stream
3. Access to play the RTMP stream republished (RTMP link, WebRTC page etc)
Use this form to provide.

awv

Thanks for the reply.
1. Yes, audio is audible in Player example
2. No, audio is not audible with SIP as RTMP. Is this a codec issue or a problem between asterisk 18 and flashphoner?
I attached more info on the form with the secure link you provided.
Thanks!

Max

Administrator
Staff member
We checked the flow. Seems like Asterisk sends silence when WCS established call to the conference. If we establish SIP call via our test Asterisk/OpenSIPS PBX, all seems working. So this is may be Asterisk configuration issue.
One issue is in SIP call parameters: sipDomain parameter ends with point sipDomain=pbx1.*******.**., but call is establishing normally.
Unfortunately, we cannot connect to PBX itself using your credentials:
Code:
. 2021-09-29 09:54:39.545 Connecting to ***.**.***.*** port 222
. 2021-09-29 09:55:00.581 Failed to connect to ***.**.***.***: Network error: Connection timed out
If you need our whitelist IP, you can get it on this page (IP is hidden under spoiler).

awv

Hello,
We have whitelisted your IP now, you should be able to connect now (on port 22 now).
The PBX is running ASterisk 18.6.0; I wonder if this is the issue?

Max

Administrator
Staff member
We checked again with the following test:
1. Call from softphone1 to the extension number provided (7002).
2. Stop the call on WCS side by /rest-api/call/terminate. The hold music plays in softphone
3. Call from softphone2 with credentials defined in add_wcs_to_conference.sh script to the extension number 7001, send DTMF
4. Hold music stops in softphone1, and we don't hear audio from softphone1 in softphone2
Actually, we replaced WCS by softphone2 in the flow.
Seems like something is broken in conference setup, and WCS receives silence from PBX
The PBX is running ASterisk 18.6.0; I wonder if this is the issue?
If you've updated Asterisk, this may be issue. Please review the PBX config, or roll back Asterisk update.