Video issues with WebRTC over TURN

Yossi

Hi, I have a strange phenomenon while playing webrtc over turn.

I'm publishing rtmp video h264 + acc, 6 fps, to flashphoner WCS and play it in several methods:
1. WebRTC - plays well.
2. ffplay (to play the rtmp stream) - plays well.
3. WebRTC over TURN (internal server) - Has issues: When the video doesn't have changes, it looks like that the video (on the player) jumps to a previous frame or something like that.

Video attached.
In the video - On the left is the normal webrtc player. In the middle is the webrtc over turn.

Thanks.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
We cannot reproduce the issue in latest build 5.2.912.
Please check if the following parameter is set in flashphoner.properties file
Code:
h264_strict_kframe_detect=true
Pleas also check:
- if keyframes are sent regularly from RTMP encoder
- if WebRTC stream published from browser can be played in Firewall Traversal Streaming example via internal TURN
- is "Force relay" switch enabled or disabled
Plaese also note that 6 fps is extremely low, so it alwasy should be playing as slideshow

Yossi

Hi Max.

I set h264_strict_kframe_detect=true.

All checked:
* key frame sends every 2 seconds (=every 12 frames).
* WebRTC stream published from browser can be played in Firewall Traversal Streaming example via internal TURN
* "Force relay" switch enabled

The phenomenon persist.
Moreover, I rarely saw it happens with plain WebRTC (without TURN).

I'll appreciate your advice. I'm using WCS 5.2.902

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
Unfortunately, we cannot play the stream via WebRTC to compare due to huge packet loss. But we do not see any issues when playing WebRTC via TURN - the picture looks smooth and still.
When we publish video only RTMP stream from OBS to your server, it playing smoothly both via WebRTC and TURN.
So we recommend:
1. Update WCS to the latest build 5.2.912
2. If this does not help, please describe how do you publish RTMP stream and provide ffmpeg command line or OBS parameters to publish, we'll try to reproduce the issue in our test environment and on your server instance.