Video not smooth or stopped on iOS

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
Seems like the stream is not avalable now
1622099982123.png

This may be network issue. If you're testing stream playback in iOS Safari via mobile network, please use the same network as used on Windows PC (the same Wi-Fi).

The rtsp is not available at the moment, i will update if it is available for you to test.

The 2 ios devices and 1 android device are using same wifi, but only ios have problem.

You can test it now, just tested, windows abd android chrome can connect to the rtsp, but safari on iPad and iphone cannot even connect.
(All devices are on same network)

Max

Administrator
Staff member
You can test it now, just tested, windows abd android chrome can connect to the rtsp, but safari on iPad and iphone cannot even connect.
(All devices are on same network)
The stream has no audio. Please add the constraints to prevent audio track waiting:
Code:
function playStream(session) {
    var streamName = $('#streamName').val();
    var options = {
        name: streamName,
        display: remoteVideo,
        flashShowFullScreenButton: true,
        constraints: {video: true, audio: false}
    };
    stream = session.createStream(options).on(STREAM_STATUS.PENDING, function (stream) {
    });
    stream.play();

It is working now, but i didn't do anything???
Actually, it was working fine before, but suddenly not work on yesterday, but now it is working again, so i am a bit worry...

Max

Administrator
Staff member
In my case, i have added receiveAudio: false, but the problem still exist.
It helps to start playback in iOS Safari, the browser can wait for audio sync infinitely. This issue occurs in iOS Safari only in our tests, but not in MacOS.
Actually, it was working fine before, but suddenly not work on yesterday, but now it is working again, so i am a bit worry...
The problem is in stream itself, there are lost frames and periodic microfreezes even while playing it via VLC. Perhaps some RTSP souce configuration required.