Publish failed from global network

Hi,

I am facing an issue while i am accessing the server from global network. The demo page says that publish failed. I have attached properties file and log file also. From local network publish stream is established successfully.

Kindly assist.

Thanks
MA

Attachments

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
If your server is in LAN behind the NAT, the media traffic ports range (31001-32000/UDP and TCP by default) on the server must be accesible from external network. Please check your router configuration to set up media port forwarding to WCS server.
Please read details here.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
We checked your server.
Please set ip parameter to external IP address, in this case streaming will work:
1600151632950.png

Code:
ip=110.xxx.xxx.xxx
ip_local=192.168.xxx.xxx
(we hide some octets for your security)

Hi,
I have attached the flashphoner.properties file earlier. It has the same setting as you are recommending but in video chat demo.. one from lan side and from external side. Lan side successfully publishes but external wan side fails.

Please see the attached screenshot

Thanks
Ma

Attachments

Max

Administrator
Staff member
It has the same setting as you are recommending but in video chat demo.. one from lan side and from external side. Lan side successfully publishes but external wan side fails.
As we see, your server still have local ip set as external:
1600153859830.png

Please correct the settings as we recommended above

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Can you please send the location.. where is this file located.
The flashphoner.properties file is located in /usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer/conf folder. To apply IP address changes, WCS must be restarted.