Republishing edited video stream

jasonkc

i started the stream from Two Way Streaming Demo Page, and could play it on the same page...but the RTMP URL seems incorrect.

jasonkc

also, there seems to be missing of REST API in my installation:

curl -0 -H "Accept: application/json" -H "Content-Type:application/json" -X POST -d '{"streamName": "rpdc78", "rtmpUrl":"rtmp://rtmp.flashphoner.com:1935/live"}' http://52.221.194.95:8081/rest-api/push/startup

{"exception":"com.flashphoner.rest.server.exception.NotFoundException","path":"/rest-api/push/startup","error":"Not Found","message":"Can not start transponder","timestamp":1605332855436,"status":404}

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Settings in flashphoner.properties file for test:
Code:
rtmp_transponder_stream_name_prefix =
rtmp_transponder_full_url = true
Using the Two-Way Streaming example, a WebRTC stream has been published on WCS. The screenshot shows a stream named "a2db".
1605584319720.png

Using the ffmpeg command, we capture the published stream via RTMP and relay it to another RTMP stream on the same WCS. The stream name will be "stream-test"
Code:
ffmpeg -i rtmp://WCS.address:1935/live/a2db -preset ultrafast -acodec aac -vcodec h264 -f flv rtmp:// WCS.address:1935/live/stream-test
Enjoy!
The screenshot shows the playback of the stream "stream-test":
1605584466998.png

About republishing to Facebook: we reproduced the issue and raised internal ticket WCS-2979. We inform on results of the check.

jasonkc

Strange...i did the same thing:

1605588967472.png

1605589021338.png

But still see the same input/output error disregard of whether i used public/private IP or even localhost in the ffmpeg command:

1605589191395.png

1605589222843.png

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Have you restarted the WCS after making settings in the flashpfoner.properties file?

Command to restart the server:
Code:
systemctl restart webcallserver

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Based on the test results, we found out that your port 1935, which is used for RTMP, is busy by Nginx.

Changed port in flashphoner.properties file to 1941
Code:
rtmp.port = 1941
Unfortunately, testing with the new port value failed because the port is closed.

Please open port 1941 on the firewall and test.
Or
Reconfigure Nginx to free port 1935 and set WCS back to use 1935 for RTMP
Code:
rtmp.port = 1935

Max

Administrator
Staff member
We changed the RTMP server port to 1941 yesterday
Code:
rtmp.port = 1941
as mentioned above.
Please remove this string from flashphoner.properties file and restart WCS. 1935/tcp should be listened after that.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
When the setting is set in the flashphoner.properties file
Code:
rtmp.port = 1941
Any free port can be specified as the RTMP port.

The link to the RTMP stream will look like this
Code:
rtmp://Your.WCS.name: 1941/live/stream1
For default setting if no line is specified in flashphoner.properties file
the link to the RTMP stream will look like this
Code:
rtmp://Your.WCS.name: 1935/live/stream1

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
We fixed the Facebook RTMP republishing issue in build 5.2.853. Please update and check.