Problem with WCS on AWS E2

Pin

Hi,

First, I'm newbie on AWS. I have setup EC2 with Elastic IP and new domain name. Both are work as normal, it can access from the internet.

But, I have problem on Streamer menu after Start, it runing the error "Failed by ICE timeout"

ee.jpg

Here is all allowed inbound ports. Please advice.

1631208879160.jpg

One more question, is CA is nessesary for running WCS?

Thanks,
Pin

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
Please check if media ports from range media_port_from-media_port_to (31001-32000/udp by default) are available from your desktop as described here
If not, please clean iptables setup on the instance:
Code:
sudo iptables -F
Then test publishing again.
If this still don't work, please check ip parameter in /usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer/conf/flashphoner.properties file. If you're using Elastic IP, you should explicitly set ip parameter to this IP address, and add this setting to the file
Code:
hold_ip_settings=true
to prevent automatic IP detection on server startup.
If this still don't work, please provide SSH access to the instance including Elastis IP and domain name using this form.
One more question, is CA is nessesary for running WCS?
If you have domain bind to the server IP address, you should get SSL certificates (from AWS Certificate Manager for example) and import it as described here

Last edited:

Gain

Good day.
Please check if media ports from range media_port_from-media_port_to (31001-32000/udp by default) are available from your desktop as described here
If not, please clean iptables setup on the instance:
Code:
sudo iptables -F
If this still don't work, please check ip parameter in /usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer/conf/flashphoner.properties file. If you're using Elastic IP, you should explicitly set ip parameter to this IP address, and add this setting to the file
Code:
hold_ip_settings=true
to prevent automatic IP detection on server startup.
If this still don't work, please provide SSH access to the instance including Elastis IP and domain name using this form.

If you have domain bind to the server IP address, you should get SSL certificates (from AWS Certificate Manager for example) and import it as described here
Hello, Administrator

First Solution you said check media port from 31001 - 32000/ udp. As you can see from picture it's already set up, And it's on AWS EC2.
If this not correct, How can i check port on AWS ?

Please Advice

Thanks,
Gain

Pin

I did start over again by using t3a.small instance type. it all passed and work well.

I dont know the cause of my problem came from t2.small or not.

Thanks btw,
Pin

Max

Administrator
Staff member
I dont know the cause of my problem came from t2.small or not.
This is definitely not a configuration issue. Seems like this is Elastic IP issue: if Elastic IP is configured for the instance, it should be set as external IP in WCS settings because WCS adds external IP to WebRTC candidates list when sending SDP to client.
Anyway, glad to hear the problem is finally resolved.