Can not start transponder Error

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Case 2.

Re-publishing to external server (your case).
Are you sure you need RTMP re-publishing to external server?
Because if Yes then you would need to install such an external server or CDN.

yogesh.kumawat

Hello Sir,

I am still not able to publish stream and still API showing the Same error.

I have already provided you all details of the my server. So please check all configuration and provide me all remaining configuration so I can Integrate it. I need to configure it as soon as possible.

I have already mentioned that I need to publish the Youtube stream. So, please give me complete details to install an external server or CDN.

and I have already configured it on the Linux server. what I Need to for external Server.

1593155421491.png

Max

Administrator
Staff member
I have already provided you all details of the my server. So please check all configuration and provide me all remaining configuration so I can Integrate it. I need to configure it as soon as possible.
We have already checked your server, please see this post. Seems like media ports (31003-32000/udp) are blocked on your NAT/router or not forwarded to the server. Please check your NAT/router setup.
Also, we recommend to set external IP to ip parameter
Code:
ip = your_external_ip
and to add the following lines to config
Code:
client_mode=false
rtc_ice_add_local_component=true
I have already mentioned that I need to publish the Youtube stream. So, please give me complete details to install an external server or CDN.
Please read this step by step guide to republish stream to Youtube

yogesh.kumawat

Hello Sir,

Can you confirm for me, is it necessary to allow all media ports ranges (31003-32000/udp) because I am still getting the same errors.

I have already Implemented the following settings on the server.

client_mode=false
rtc_ice_add_local_component=true

Max

Administrator
Staff member
is it necessary to allow all media ports ranges (31003-32000/udp)
Yes. These ports are used to pass media traffic, WebRTC publishing and playback will not work if the ports are unavailable for incoming connections from client.

yogesh.kumawat

Hi Sir,

can you confirm me that if we enable any specific ports? then It will work.

Please confirm if we follow the following procedure (what steps need to follow without external server). Please find the below screenshot.

1594820094105.png

nad Please confirm me about CDN for the external server. (Please find below Screenshot)

1594820218070.png

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello

Please check official docs

Case 1 - Publish webrtc and playback RTMP

1. Publish WebRTC stream to WCS server.

2. Playback RTMP stream from WCS server.

Case 2 - Publish webrtc and re-publish to external RTMP server or RTMP ingesting point in a CDN

1. https://docs.flashphoner.com/display/WCS52EN/To+another+RTMP+server

So we can just confirm that it works according the docs and you can see all demo URLs in previous posts.

Above is theURL of my server.when i click on start publishing they give me error that /push/startup not found

{
"exception": "com.flashphoner.rest.server.exception.NotFoundException",
"path": "/rest-api/push/startup",
"error": "Not Found",
"message": "Can not start transponder",
"timestamp": 1622297924440,
"status": 404
}

Help me solve out this problem.

Also When we have more than 5 second in connection with Websocket they will give ICE Timeout error.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
Please create your own topic to ask the question using the following recommendation to topic content.
Above is theURL of my server.when i click on start publishing they give me error that /push/startup not found
This error means that stream to re-publish is not published on server. Please check server logs /usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer/logs/server_logs/flashphoner.log, there should be an error message when you're trying to publish RTSP stream.
Seems like standard RTSP port 554/tcp is closed, and WCS cannot connect to RTSP stream. Please check your firewall/router.
Also When we have more than 5 second in connection with Websocket they will give ICE Timeout error.
This means that WebRTC media ports (31001-32000/udp by default) are also closed on server.
Please look at AWS EC2 security group example (see screenshot), it shows what ports should be opened for incoming connections for WCS to work
1622431022363.png

ICE Timeout error ressolved.

But how can i work wit rest-api

Your reply :
This error means that stream to re-publish is not published on server. Please check server logs /usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer/logs/server_logs/flashphoner.log, there should be an error message when you're trying to publish RTSP stream.
Seems like standard RTSP port 554/tcp is closed, and WCS cannot connect to RTSP stream. Please check your firewall/router.

I have checked port 554/tcp is open but not working.

WCS cannot connect to RTSP stream - How can i connect to RTSP stream.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
WCS cannot connect to RTSP stream - How can i connect to RTSP stream.
Please check if RTSP stream can be played using ffmpeg/ffplay/VLC. If yes, please provide us RTSP link (should be available 24/7) to check the stream using this form.
If you cannot provide the link available from outside, please provide SSH access to the server and RTSP link in private network using this private form.
If all of this is imossible, please collect a report as described here including client debug logs and traffic dump collected on server. Traffic dump collection should be started before calling /rtsp/startup. Send the report archive with traffic dump using this form

Max

Administrator
Staff member
The stream you've provided is playing normally on our demo server in Player example, please check.
So you should check if this stream is available from your WCS instance:
- install ffmpeg
- try
Code:
ffplay rtsp://wowzaec2demo.streamlock.net/vod/mp4:BigBuckBunny_115k.mov
- look at ffplay output

this rtsp url also working on my server.only i have issue with rest-api for youtube streaming.When i start streaming they will give me error:
  1. exception: "com.flashphoner.rest.server.exception.NotFoundException", path: "/rest-api/push/startup",…}
    1. error: "Not Found"
    2. exception: "com.flashphoner.rest.server.exception.NotFoundException"
    3. message: "Can not start transponder"
    4. path: "/rest-api/push/startup"
    5. status: 404
    6. timestamp: 1622793167752

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Please provide SSH access to the server this private form. If this is impossible please collect a report as described here including client debug logs and traffic dump collected on server. Traffic dump collection should be started before calling /rtsp/startup. Send the report archive with traffic dump using this form.